THORCHAIN IS A MULTI-YEAR PUBLIC PROJECT
First testnet on Binance Chain allowing simple swaps. Non-public API. No public nodes and no active churning. No bonded capital.
Second testnet on Binance Chain allowing swaps, stakes, and withdrawals. Public Midgard API. No public nodes and no active churning. Bonded capital, but no block rewards.
Launch on Binance Chain with swaps, stakes, and bonding. Public nodes participating, with active churn. Block rewards with liquidity incentives. System capital limited to 600k RUNE. ChaosNet ends in a Ragnarök - a global shutdown.
Binance Chain, Ethereum and Bitcoin. Public nodes participating, with active churn. Block rewards with liquidity incentives. Cap on staked amount. Public audit completed.
ASGARDEX - MAINNET
Mainnet with no caps. Decentralised.
A GOVERNANCE-MINIMAL APPROACH
- Staked capital drives the network direction (listed assets and chains)
- Developers respond to the network, delivering tested and validated code
- Nodes choose to run backwards-compatible software
- Nodes are anonymous and do not communicate, coordinate, or socially-signal
- Nodes are second-class citizens that service the network
PSEUDO-ANONYMITY IS A STRENGTH
- The team is mostly pseudo-anonymous to protect the project
- Figureheads, personalities and founders undermine a project’s ability to decentralise
- Transparency is demonstrated in other facets (treasury, code, research)
- In time, Node Operators will fund satellite development teams
- Reach out on Telegram, Twitter or Discord to discuss further